ECO USA is looking for a developmental chemist to help support the company in a fast-paced growth atmosphere. The candidate will help the company to develop cutting edge technology to improve our processes.
The candidate must be a self-starter, able to work independently in a team environment. The ideal candidate should demonstrate an ability to plan, prioritize and execute experiments in an efficient and timely manner. Candidates are expected to demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills through a record of publications and conference presentations as well as excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to work effectively with a diverse team of co-workers.
- B.S. or B.A. in Chemistry, Materials Science and Engineering, Polymer Science and Engineering, Chemical Engineering or related field is required at the Associate Development Chemist and Development Chemist levels.
- M.S. or Ph.D. is desired for the Senior Development Chemist level but a B.S. or B.A. will be considered with 10 or more years of experience in silicone chemistry and a track record of developmental chemistry.
- Must have strong experience with chemical laboratory work.
- Analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills.
- Self-starter capable of meeting objectives with minimum supervision.
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Close attention to detail.
- Ability to schedule and prioritize effectively based on company goals.
- Ability to perform laboratory experiments as directed by the ECO USA Leadership team.
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple ongoing projects at the same time.
- Familiarity with standard materials characterization instrumentation including but not limited to Gas Chromatography (GC – FID TCD and ECD), Gas Chromatography Mass Spectrophotometry (GCMS), Infrared Spectroscopy (IR), UV Visibility (UV Vis), Viscometry (Brookfield and Hydramotion), and more analytical equipment.
- Thoughtfully perform experiments independently to arrive at a goal stated by the ECO USA Leadership team.
- Design experiments to achieve goals stated by the ECO USA Leadership Team
- Record and maintain all lab work in a lab notebook, write technical memos explaining the chemistry of the process or reaction.
- Effectively communicate results of experimental work to production team to assist in process improvements.
- Write new procedures and improve existing procedures for laboratory process.
- Organize laboratory personnel help with performing developmental duties.
- Interact with production personnel on pilot batches on lab, small and intermediate reactors and production size problems.
- Interact with sales personnel to understand existing product issues/uses and product development needs.
- Interact with customers and assist with technical support questions and inquiries.
- Perform raw material characterization.
- Assist with QC tests as needed.
- Organize and maintain chemical sample storage racks.
- Understand hazards of chemicals through company provided training and reading MSDSs and labels.
- Wear proper personal protective equipment (e.g., gloves and safety glasses) and following all safety rules.
- Report safety concerns immediately to the plant manager or your supervisor.
- Work within cross functional teams to enable new product development project success.
- Assist with troubleshooting, application development and commercialization.
- Other duties as assigned.